Information and support
As a large organisation, at the Youth Support Team we help young people in many different areas.
Follow the links below to find out more about what we offer ourselves, and to be put in touch with other sources of information and advice that we recommend.
How we can help
Some of the issues we help young people with are:
Learning for life
- Employment and training
Finding the right opportunities
- Health and wellbeing
Helping young people look after themselves
- Being a young parent
Supporting young people and their children
- Sexual health
Staying safe and enjoying good relationships
- Problems with drugs and alcohol
Help in overcoming them
- Housing and homelessness
Helping young people find the right place to live
- Being (or being at risk of being) in trouble with the police
Advice and support if things go wrong
- Running away
Helping young people stay safe.
If you can’t see what you’re looking for on this list, give us a call.
Who we help
We work with young people from 10 up to the age of 19 (25 if you have a disability or special educational needs).
How we work with young people and their families
When we first come into contact with a young person, we make an initial assessment of what they need, and plan the most appropriate ways of working with them. We can work with young people in a variety of ways:
- One-to-one meetings with a case worker, programme officer or other specialist
- Group and programme work to address specific needs and/ or issues
- Joint working with our partners, including the social care, police, schools and organisations in the health, voluntary and community sectors
- Working alongside families, where that’s appropriate and in a young person’s best interests.
Get in touch
To find out more, contact the Youth Support Team on 01452 415707/01242 242825 or email@example.com