What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24
What's in it for me?
- Employability skills
- A work experience placement in a vocational area of your choice.
- Help with English and Maths (if you need it)
Will I get paid?
- You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals. If you are on universal credit because you are out of work, you maybe still be able to claim while on a traineeship. Speak to you job centre advisor to find out more. There may be bursaries available to those young people in care, living independently, or from a low income family.
How can I sign up?
- Check out our information boxes on the right (or below if you're using a mobile device) for infomation on organisations that provide Traineeships.
Get in touch