1 July, 2020
YST is awarded Green Impact Silver Award
The Green Impact Project is a United Nations award-winning programme designed to support environmentally and socially sustainable practice within organisations. It is accredited by the NUS and we have been working closely with the University of Gloucestershire to achieve the award.
Last year we were awarded the Bronze Award and have now been awarded the Silver Award.
To achieve the award we were required to deliver several actions to demonstrate how we are committed to helping the environment and to creating long lasting positive change.
Here are some of the criteria that have helped us achieve the award:
- Communicating environmental work to our staff
- Implementing the use of ecological or plant-based cleaning products
- Saving energy in our buildings
- Actively encouraging staff and visitors to our buildings to consider 'cleaner' travel options
- Effective waste and recycling management
We are now looking to achieve the Green Impact Gold Award so watch this space.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.