22 January, 2019
UK Youth Parliament Elections 2019
The Youth Support Team coordinate and support UK Youth Parliament elections in Gloucestershire every two years.
The time is upon us again when we invite young people in Gloucestershire (11-18years) to take part in elections either as candidates and/or as voters. The UKYP elections is actively supported and encouraged by Gloucestershire MPs and is an empowering and rewarding experience for those young people who run for candidate, especially those who are successful.
Here is some background information about UK Youth Parliament:
- The UK Youth Parliament has been around for 17 years and young people in Gloucestershire will be electing 3 young people to be Members of the Youth Parliament (MYP’s) to represent young people’s views in Gloucestershire.
- The age range for candidates and voters is 11-18 years.
- The elections in Gloucestershire are planned and coordinated by the Youth Support Team
- In previous year’s successful elections, both secondary schools and youth projects took part, with 12,558 young people voting to elect the 3 MYPs.
- The current MYPs have been involved in events, consultations, meetings with MPs and decision makers, running campaigns locally, regionally and nationally, as well as debating within the House of Commons.
MYPS 2017-19 supporting UK Parliament Week
In the Houses of Parliament ready for the annual national sitting
The election process is now open for potential candidates to start thinking about standing and producing their candidate's address. Here's a timeline for the next few weeks:
Promotion / Publicity for the Elections in youth projects & schools
Saturday 2nd February 1000-1300
Candidate Workshop @ YST, 48 London Road, Gloucester, GL1 3NZ
(please let us know you are coming - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Monday 18th February
Deadline for Candidate address to be emailed to email@example.com
Monday 25th February
Website GOES LIVE
- 25th Feb –3rd March
Voting takes place
Information about how to vote along with Candidates addresses will be published HERE>
- Text Voting –25th–3rd March
- THE ONLINE RESULTS ANNOUNCMENT
Monday 4thMarch @ 5pm
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.